Run in Rhythm
This amazing app doubles as a dedicated personal trainer and skillful dance partner. Cruise Control app adjusts your music in real-time to control your running and keep you on track to hit your target pace, heart rate, or cadence. It was named Cruise Control because it works a lot like cruise control in your car – you set your target, and the music will keep adjusting its rhythm, just like the car adjusts its throttle, to get you to your target and keep you there.
Your music is amazingly synchronized to your footfalls. The sounds of your favorite sounds play consistent with your pace. It was designed by researchers from the Locomotion Lab at Simon Fraser University. They used a combination of human experiments and control theory to develop algorithms that control your running speed and intensity in real-time.
This app gives you the opportunity to add more tunes. You can go to www.cruisecontrolrun.com for run-tested playlists.
– Listen to your music. CC pulls good running songs from the music already on your phone into the app automatically.
– Customize your favorite songs into epic playlists.
– Control your music on the run by switching songs or playlists or using the thumb-up and thumb-down feature to keep track of those great and not-so-great tunes.
– Accurately measure running pace and cadence using the iPhone’s built-in sensors.
– Pair with ANT+ and Bluetooth Smart heart rate monitors and stride sensors for even more running data.
– View your pace, cadence, heart rate and route map as you run including current, average and maximum values.
– Review your running history. CC logs of all your runs – including mileage, distance, map, pace, cadence and heart rate – and organizes them by date in the history tab.
– Share your runs via Facebook or Twitter.
– Email your runs including all your data for uploading to your favorite training website (e.g. MapMyFitness, Runkeeper, Strava, etc.).
– Works seamlessly with the iPhones 4, 4S and 5. 3GS not supported.
• “Feels like I am running in a movie!”
• “It’s like a DJ beat matching tracks.”
• “Keeps me right on target for my running goals. The song selection is amazing for assisting with pace.”
• “If you are a distance runner and you listen to music while running you absolutely must buy this app.”
• “This App is in a class by itself. I’ve run my whole life, lots of marathons and training programs and this has changed my running more than anything I’ve ever run across.”
• “I set my target pace to try and hit an 8 min mile during a 4 mile run. With Cruise Control my avg. pace was 8:04 per mile. CRAZY!!”
I purchased this app and I love it. I actually altered it a little bit to accommodate walking and riding my bike. It didn’t work as well with cycling, but it works ideal with higher paced walking. I especially recommend it for runners that are looking to amp up their workout.
Have you tried it? Did you like it? What did you think about this app and/or tell us about other fitness apps that you’ve tried and loved or not.