No Junk Food Challenge

When it comes to losing weight and getting fit, you can’t out-exercise a poor diet. You will never get flat abs and a tight bum if you rely on exercise alone. While exercise is important for strengthening your muscles and boosting your metabolism, you won’t see a significant change in your body without the proper nutrition.

When setting goals to lose weight, you have to set nutrition goals as well as exercise goals. About 80% of weight loss success depends on what you eat! Exercise is important for overall health and supports weight loss the remaining 20%.

Proper nutrition is not always about how much you eat, it is also determined by the quality of foods you eat. Our bodies use food as fuel to give us energy. Certain foods, like junk foods, don’t contribute positive fuel to our bodies.

If you have been eating junk foods for a while, it can be difficult to give them up. Your nutrition routine becomes a habit and you must break that habit of poor nutrition to get the results you want.

Here are four quick tips for breaking the junk food habit:

1. Don’t keep it in the house.

If it’s not easily accessible, you are less likely to eat it. Get rid of the junk food in your house and you won’t be easily tempted.

2. Plan your meals.

Planning ahead is crucial for proper nutrition. You don’t want to get into a situation where you are forced to stop for the nearest fast food or make poor choices.

3.  Get an accountability partner.

It is easier to commit to something new if you have someone to commit with. Recruit a friend or family member to join you in good health. The extra support may be what you need to stay on track.

4. Find alternatives to your favorite foods.

Giving up junk food doesn’t mean that you need to deprive yourself of the foods you love. There are ways to make healthier versions of your favorite foods. Think about ways that you can substitute junk foods for a healthy alternative that still tastes good! Instead of potato chips, try kale chips. Instead of ice cream, try some frozen Greek yogurt. You will be surprised how yummy healthy foods can be too!

To get you started in your pursuit of proper nutrition, take the 30-day No Junk Food Challenge. With this challenge, you don’t have to eat less, you just have to eat right.No_Junk_Food_ChallengeGetting started is the hardest part because your body will continue to crave these foods. For a little extra support and motivation, join the No Junk Food Challenge Competition. You will compete with others taking the challenge, get some healthy recipes, and have the chance to win a prize!

It’s time to clean up your nutrition!

There is 1 comment

Add yours

Comments are closed.