3 DIY Protein Treatments For Stronger Hair
The key to any healthy hair regimen is balance. Too often we put so much focus on moisture, and not enough on protein. Our hair is made up of kertain (protein), and it is important that we restore our hair’s protein needs by utilizing treatments that specifically assist in strengthening your against damage caused by heat, manipulation, and chemical processes.
It is also important to remember to do things in moderation. Too much protein can make hair stiff and brittle. Everyone’s hair is different and some hair types will require more treatments than others.
Here are some homemade protein treatments for your hair:
Mayonnaise and Avocado
- Rich if oil and protein
- Moisturizes & Strengthens
- Smooths hair cuticle
- 1 Ripe avocado
- 2 Tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- A squirt of honey
- Coat your hair with the mixture, making sure to focus on the middle and ends of your hair
- Cover with a plastic bag or shower cap and wrap your head in a towel
- Let sit for 20-30 minutes before rinsing thoroughly
- Shampoo and condition hair as usual
- Rich in fats and proteins
- Very moisturizing
- Reverses hair damage caused by product build up and air pollution
- Lactic acid in yogurt gently strips away dirt while the milk fat moisturizes
- 1 egg yolk
- 6 tablespoons of plain natural yogurt
- Coat hair with mixture
- Cover with shower cap
- Leave on for 20 minutes
- Rinse with cool water and then proceed to shampoo and condition as usual -Always rinse the egg mask out with cool water to avoid cooking the egg in your strands, then shampoo.
- Recommended use is once a month if needed.
For more DIY beauty tips visit KisstheChaos.com