Benefits of Marula Oil
Have you heard about Marula Oil? It’s extracted from the kernels (nuts) of the Marula tree (Sclerocarya birrea), from the Anacardiaceae family. The botanical name of Marula is Sclerocarya birrea. The Marula tree is common in the lower-lying areas of Southern Africa, and is found, in abundance, in Namibia, Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe. The astringent bark has a range of medicinal uses. In Southern Africa, it has proven to be an effective treatment for diarrhea, diabetes, fever and malaria. When ripe, the fruits have a light yellow skin, with white flesh, rich in vitamin C – about 4 times the amount found in an orange! We’re wild about it! So much so, it just shot up to the top of our “must-have beauty products” list. Find out why we heart it!
Pure Marula Facial Oil
Benefits of Marula Oil
- Multifunctional anti-aging premium facial oil that hydrates, protects, and rejuvenates the skin.
Provides protection from UV damage, environment (pollution, exposure).
- Great for sensitive skin. It is pH balanced, non-comedogenic and doesn’t clog pores.
- Its anti-microbial properties help to heal acne blemishes.
- Antioxidants are at their most active in healing and repairing skin while we sleep.
- Fruit is rich in Vitamin C and pectin content. Makes it a perfect natural ingredient for jelly, syrup and preserves.
- Easily absorbed, making it an ideal light body oil in aromatherapy.
- Eases the signs of redness and irritations.
Top Picks of Marula Products
Pure Marula Eye Cream reduces the appearance of fine lines, dark circles and puffiness for bright, refreshed youthful-looking eyes.Pure Marula Eye Cream uses a base of Pure Marula Oil and organic Aloe Vera instead of water to provide immediate and long-lasting hydration, skin rejuvenation, and high powered antioxidant protection. Provides triple firming action, improving elasticity and reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Pure Marula Cleansing Lotion is a powerful, yet gentle 100% natural cleanser that eliminates impurities without overdrying, leaving the skin soft, nourished and radiant. A base of Pure Marula Oil, organic Aloe Vera, naturally derived biodegradable surfactants and moisture-promoting actives helps to thoroughly hydrate and effectively cleanse. An Alpha Hydroxy Acid complex derived from 5 natural sugars and fruit extracts helps to improve cell turnover for clean and even-toned, softer, smoother skin.
Have you tried Marula Oil? What did you think?