6 Must-Read Books on Mindfulness and Self-Improvement
Our nation has suffered from a series of tragedies in the recent months. The aftermath has evoked a plethora of varied reactions and emotions. Most individual’s responses have mirrored their thoughts and perspectives about the shocking incidents they’ve witnessed. “Confused, angry, sad,” are just a few of many words that have been used to describe the feelings that people experienced as a result of these unanticipated and devastating events. People are anxiously looking for answers, solutions, and explanations. Most of us, are hoping and praying for healing; restoration of a nation that has been repeatedly scarred.
If only there was a simple and easily accessible solution to our nations ever-evolving challenges. Unfortunately, a one size fits all solution or expeditious remedy doesn’t exist. The good news is, there are steps that we can take to encourage healing, strength, progress, and peace. Embracing mindfulness, is a promising step towards the ambiguous journey of progress and re-development. Mindfulness, in its simplest terms, can be defined as the state of being conscious or aware of something. In essence, being present in the moment, while observing and unapologetically acknowledging your reactions, feelings, and thoughts.
Reading is a wonderful way to promote mindfulness. It’s an effective means of calming an uneasy mind, healing an injured soul, and nourishing a hollow heart or spirit. Some individuals, like myself, consider the act of reading as an experience rather than a task. What you read, and how your read it, can sculpt the way it impacts or influences your life.
Find out why the following books have been revered as six of the most inspirational, mindful and life-changing books in the world. I’ve had the pleasure of reading all of them. They’ve become favorites in my literary collection. I love reading them as well as sharing them with my students, clients and friends. I hope your find them helpful too! If you’re in search of growth, restoration, balance, purpose, understanding or anything along those lines, you’ve stopped by the right place; check out these amazing reads. You’ll find additional details in video above.
- The Life Organizer by Jennifer Louden. An awesome guide filled with great tips, stories, and daily prompts. It will immediately help you develop effective strategies to gain focus, intention.
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo. This is an phenomenal book! The author takes organization to a new level, helping you to understand the core concepts of tidying up, not only as it pertains to physical matters, but also emotionally. She spotlights the benefits of orderliness and reveals the toxicity of clutter.
- How to Work Smart and Live Life Your Way by Shaa Wasmund. Looking for life-changing solutions? You’ll find them and much more in this thought-provoking guide. If you’re one to put too much pressure on yourself to succeed, yet find yourself barely meeting the mark after exhaustive efforts, this is the book perfect book for you! This book promotes a “less is more” attitude, by carefully teaching readers to become experts in the things they’re truly passionate about.
- Five Good Minutes at Work by Jeffrey Brantley, MD, & Wendy Millstine. 100 mindful practices that will help you relieve stress and bring your best to your work in 5 minutes or less. You might be skeptical about this whole concept of mindfulness in minutes, but believe me it works. This book will help you develop the fundamental skills of mindfulness-being present, aware, and purposeful in minutes!
- Your Best Life Begins Each Morning by Joel Osteen. This book will provide you a daily dose of positivity and inspiration. It will help you transform or renew your thinking, speaking and daily activities in order to cultivate your spiritual growth.
- Destiny by T.D.Jakes. Destiny, is by far one of my favorite reads of all time! It provides clarity and a greater understanding about purpose. This is the perfect book, if you’re unclear about your life, your purpose and your destiny. It is a page turner that will have you on the edge of your seat and will leave you feeling refreshingly inspired and unmistakably motivated.