Winter Beauty Solutions for Healthy Skin and Hair
The cold winter months can be harsh on your skin, hair and body. Frigid temps can leave you longing for your dewy, hydrated and warm weather looks. We searched for consumers top picks. Look at the 5-star beauty gems we’ve discovered. These picks are sure to keep your skin looking and feeling its very best in and out of the cold weather months.
Prevent dry lips before they start. Licking your lips is a big no, no. According to the experts, saliva dries lips out more. Try a hydrating lip balm, such as the Kat Burki Glossy Lip Treatment, has a glossy hydrating finish and it’s got plumping action too!
Your hands are often one of the first parts of your body to feel the sting of the chilly temperature. Washing hands with warm water and applying rich moisturizing hand cream can soothe dry brittle skin. Shea Butter has healing moisture properties-providing instant relief.
Try a lotion with ceramides. Exposure to cold winter air can compromise the protective outer layers of your skin. A ceramide moisturizer serves as a skin booster. It can reinforce the protective outer layers of your skin.
Try an Oil Cleanser
Remove makeup and impurities with an oil-based cleanser. It will help you retain moisture while cleansing skin and retaining natural oils.
Keep hair nourished with moisturized through the cold weather months with a hydrating leave-in conditioner or moisturizing cream. Try braiding hair and tucking up and away from the cold climates.
Soothe Your Soles!
Pamper your tootsies with moisturizing goodies. Try using a pumice stone and doing a quick buffing in the shower or tub. Then, apply a ultra-moisturizing foot cream to keep feet soft, smooth and hydrated.
- Limit your blow-drying time. Lock in moisture by using a leave-in conditioner, cutting drying time in half, and using a diffuser. A scalp conditioner can also provide much needed nourishment for dry tresses. Phyto Phytopollenine $40
- Bathe in chamomile tea. It’s loaded with anti-inflammatory properties which provide instant relief for dry and irritated skin.
- Start moisturizing your skin while it’s still damp. Slather your favorite body lotion on within three minutes of bathing. The thicker the moisturizer, the better. This will aid in sealing in hydration. AmLactin Moisturizing Body Lotion $16
- Try niacinamide! It’s the antioxidant ingredient that’s also known as vitamin B3. It’s proven to be highly effective in helping skin tolerate irritation from cold weather. Philosophy No Reason to Hide Multi-Imperfection Transforming Serum $68
- Fight windburn with a pat of Vaseline or La Roche-Posay Cipapiast Baume B5 $19. Put a few drops on your cheeks to create a protective barrier from the drying wind.
What are your favorite go-to winter products?